- "5 Things You Should Avoid Saying to Special-Needs Parents" - Real Simple - August 10, 2017
- "Grandfather and Grandson: A Tale of Two Disabilities" - Broken & Woken - August 1, 2017
- "What You Don't Know About My Kid's 'Excessive' Screen Time" - Toca Boca Magazine - June 7, 2017
- "Let's Put an End to Screen-Time Shaming" - Toca Boca Magazine - June 7, 2017
- "Sesame Street hits the mark with autistic character. Now we just need more" - Toca Boca Magazine- April 27, 2017
- "Eight Autistic Characters in Pop Culture" - Toca Boca Magazine - April 27, 2017
- "Seven Tips for Incorporating iPad Games into Social Skills Groups" - Aug 3, 2016
- "Six Key Digital Design Elements for Social Skills Learning Aimed at Children with ASD" - May 27, 2015
- Life, Animated - Autism Affinities Project - July 1, 2014
- Regular contributor to Autistic Spectrum Digest - a digital magazine available in the Apple Newsstand
- "Five Great Apps for Kids with Autism" - NPR's Note to Self blog - June 4, 2013
- "Emily's Crusade" - Children's Media Association blog - March 22, 2013
- "Helping Children Learn about Autism & Acceptance Through the Book, 'My Brother Charlie'" - CVS/ Caremark All Kids Can - January 2, 2013
- "Talking Tech: Kids, Interactivity, and Creativity" - Joan Ganz Cooney Center blog - September 20, 2010
Morgenlander, M., D'Eugenio, A., & Witan, D. (2015, June). uChoose by InteractAble: learning social skills via game play. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children (pp. 403-405). ACM.
An, H., Morgenlander, M., & Seplocha, H. (2014). Children's gadgets: Smartphones and tablets. Exchange (19460406), (219), 65-68.
Morgenlander, M. (2010). Adult-Child Co-Viewing of Educational Television: Enhancing Preschoolers' Understanding of Mathematics Shown on" Sesame Street". ProQuest LLC.
Morgenlander, M. (2009) Adult-Child Co-Viewing of Educational Television: Enhancing Preschoolers’ Understanding of “Sesame Street.” Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD), Denver, CO.
Fisch, S. M., Akerman, A., Morgenlander, M., McCann Brown, S. K., Fisch, S. R., Schwartz, B. B., & Tobin, P. (2008). Coviewing preschool television in the US: Eliciting parent–child interaction via onscreen prompts. Journal of Children and Media, 2(2), 163-173.
Ertle, B. B., Ginsburg, H. P., Cordero, M. I., Curran, T. M., Manlapig, L., & Morgenlander, M. (2008). The essence of early childhood mathematics education and the professional development needed to support it. In A. Dowker (Ed.), Mathematical Difficulties: Psychology, Neuroscience and Interventions. Oxford: Elsevier Science Publishers.
Fisch, S.M., Akerman, A., Morgenlander, M., McCann-Brown, S.K., Fisch, S.R.D., Tobin, P., & Schwartz, B.B. (2007). The “Mommy Bar”: Getting parents and preschoolers talking. Televizion, 20(5), 44-46.
Morgenlander, M., & Manlapig, L. (2006). Big Math for Little Kids Workshops: Background and Content. In annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco, CA.
Ginsburg, H., Kaplan, R.G., Cannon, J., Cordero, M.I., Eisenband, J.G., Galanter, M. and Morgenlander, M. (2006). Helping Early Childhood Educators to Teach Mathematics. In Zaslow, M. and Martinez-Beck, I. (Eds.) Critical Issues in Early Childhood Professional Development. Baltimore: Brookes Publishing.
Morgenlander, M. (2005) Preschoolers’ Understanding of Mathematics Presented on “Sesame Street.” Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), Montreal, Canada.
If you are interested in Melissa's writing, please use the contact form.